Coordinated by the La Réunion National Park in close collaboration with Le Conservatoire du littoral, la DEAL, the Région Réunion and the Département de La Réunion, the European project LIFE+ Forêt Sèche 2014-2020 aims to prevent the complete loss of a patrimony and a unique biodiversity in the world : La Réunion dry forest.
- Extending the forest by connecting restored parcels and relict plots
- Re-establishing interaction between the flora and the fauna of this habitat
- Integrating a specific native herbaceous stratum to eradicate invasive Alien Species
- Reducing intervention cost to faster more conservation actions
- Involving La Réunion population at each step of the project